Steps you can take to keep your identity and super safe:
- Keep up to date with your super by registering for an online account and updating your details.
- Use passwords that are not easily guessed and include a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. Avoid using names, common words or birthdates.
- Ensure each of your accounts has a different password. You can manage your many passwords in a secure password management app.
- If it is available, enable multi-factor authentication on your personal accounts.
- Keep your devices secure by maintaining the latest security software. Updates will not break your device, rather they will help to secure it and will fix common issues.
- Be mindful of what information you share online and on social media.
- Be cautious of suspicious emails or messages.
Spotting potential scams - get to know what a real email or text message looks like from legalsuper:
- Check the sender’s email address by hovering over it, or for Apple and Android devices, by holding down and selecting "Show Details" to verify if the email address is legitimate.
- Be wary of emails or messages requesting you to click on a link or open an attachment. These links may direct you to a fake website where you’ll be asked for your personal information. When in doubt, navigate away from the message to a website you trust and log in to your account there.
- Look out for spelling mistakes in emails or messages as this could be an indication of a scam.
- Be suspicious of unexpected or urgent requests for payments or personal information.
- Look out for ‘special offers’, if an offer looks “too good to be true” then it is likely to not be true.
- If you are unsure, call us on 1800 060 312.
Everyone is susceptible to scams and there is always help available. If you believe you have fallen victim to a scam, it is important to act quickly.
- If you think you have been scammed and your legalsuper account may have been compromised report it to us immediately and change your passwords.
- If you have received a suspicious communication claiming to be from legalsuper please report it directly to us by calling us on 1800 060 312 (Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEST/AEDT) or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.