Making a claim
How the claims process works & what to expect when you're claiming on insurance, or when a member passes away.
In managing the claims process and a review of all decline decisions made by the Insurer, the Trustee will utilise the following philosophy to guide actions and interactions with the insurer and the insured member:
We aim to ease the burden and help people in difficult circumstances by:
- Paying all valid claims in a timely manner.
- Guiding people through the process.
- Paying each claim on its merits.
- Treating all members and claimants with compassion and respect.
- Advocating on behalf of members if we disagree with an insurer’s decision.