How to invest in the DIO
You can establish a DIO account online & start trading in just a few days. Learn how to get started, how to make transactions, and how to transfer your DIO to your pension account.
How to open your DIO account and start trading
1. Open your DIO account
You need to be a legalsuper member to open a DIO. If you're not already a member join here, otherwise follow these steps:
- Read the relevant section of legalsuper’s Product Disclosure Statement
- Login to MemberAccess and go to ‘Investments’
- Select ‘Register for Direct Investment Option’
Once you have submitted your request a DIO online account will be opened for you and will be available as a linked option on your MemberAccess ‘Investments’ page within three business days.
2. Transfer funds into your DIO Cash Account
- Go to your Member Access ‘Investments’ page
- Select ‘Transfer In’ and enter the amount you wish to transfer to your DIO account
All requests submitted before midnight on Sunday will generally be transferred the following Thursday morning (provided there is no public holiday in NSW or VIC that week in which case the transfer will occur on the following business day).
3. Start direct investing
Once a minimum balance of $500, plus enough money to cover the acquisition of any new investments, and any related fees and taxes is credited to your DIO Cash Account, you can start investing.
Transferring your DIO from super to pension
When a member transfers from an accumulation (super) account to a legalsuper Pension, generally superannuation investment options are redeemed and pension investment options are invested in. The exception is the Direct Investment option.
If you have a legalsuper Direct Investment option account as part of your superannuation investment options, you may be able to request a transfer of that existing Direct Investment option to a legalsuper Pension without having to sell your investments.
What are the benefits of a DIO account transfer to Pension?
If you are able to transfer your existing superannuation Direct Investment Option account, you will not have to sell your investments. The benefits of a transfer may include:
- no liability for capital gains tax on unrealised gains on assets transferred and subsequently sold;
- no ‘out of market risks’ associated with selling and repurchasing investments; and
- the avoidance of brokerage costs and early redemption fees.
For legalsuper to be able to transfer an existing superannuation Direct Investment option account, you must meet the eligibility requirements and the Direct Investment option sub-Custodian must confirm that transfer documentation can be executed and lodged with the applicable external registry.
- the transfer will not result in less than $3,000 being invested in your non-Direct Investment Option investments;
- that there are no pending cash transfers, are no unsettled trades in the member’s account, no stocks with a mandatory open corporate action or an election on a non-mandatory corporate action, and there are no share holdings in delisted companies; and
- you must accept the Terms and Conditions of the transfer detailed below.
Terms and conditions
In making a request to transfer an existing legalsuper Direct Investment Option account (DIO account) to a new legalsuper Pension without that account being closed, you must agree to the following terms and conditions.
- All transfer requests must be made on a valid Pension application form submitted to commence a legalsuper Pension. Requests are not accepted in any other manner. Transfer requests cannot be made at an existing legalsuper Pension.
- For Pension applications that include a transfer request of a DIO account, the Purchase Price of the Pension includes the full value of all assets held by the DIO account on the date of transfer of the DIO account.
- Transfers only apply to a full transfer of all assets held in the DIO account. Partial transfers are not accepted. Multiple DIO accounts cannot be combined.
- Transfers are not accepted from (or to) other superannuation or pension funds and cannot be a transfer to another person.
- Transfer requests once made cannot be revoked.
- A failure of the transfer will result in the decline of the Pension application. Declined Pension application monies (other than the DIO account) will be held in the legalsuper fund bank account for a maximum 28 days to allow a new Pension application to be made. Monies held in the legalsuper bank account do not receive interest and interest earned is retained by legalsuper to cover operational expenses.
- On transfer, all: non-elected non mandatory corporate actions are forfeited; dividend reinvestment elections are revoked and if required, will need to be re-elected by the member; and term deposit maturity elections will carry forward.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their transfer request meets the transfer eligibility rules on the day that the Pension application is made.
- Applicants agree not to issue any transaction instructions on their existing DIO account from the date the Pension application is signed until either the transfer is rejected or the transfer to the new Pension account is completed and confirmed in writing to the applicant.
- The commencement date of the Pension is the date of transfer of the DIO account assets.
- Applicants are responsible for applying for a new MemberAccess for their Pension membership once the Welcome letter is issued.
Other Important Information
Once a transfer request is submitted, access to the Direct Investment Option portal will be suspended for approximately 6 working days (NSW and Vic) while the transfer is completed. Once completed, access to the DIO account will be via MemberAccess for the new Pension membership number.
Following the commencement of the Pension and completion of the DIO account transfer, members who retain a legalsuper superannuation membership will be unable to open another Direct Investment Option account for that membership number. A new superannuation membership number will be required.
Transfers of a DIO account from Pension account to a superannuation account are not offered. On commutation of that new Pension account, all assets of the DIO account must sold and the account closed. Pension accounts cannot be commuted if the DIO account cannot be closed.
The transfer requests only applies to a DIO account held in a legalsuper superannuation membership to a new Pension membership for the same member and that one DIO account.