Do you have more than one super account?
Multiple super accounts could be costing you money. You can avoid paying multiple fees and make your super easier to manage by consolidating your super.
Use legalsuper’s online consolidation tool to find and combine your super. It’s easy, free and fast. All you need is your legalsuper member number to log in to MemberAccess.
Once you’ve logged in, select “Consolidate Super”. It will only take a few moments to find and choose the accounts you want to combine and we’ll do the rest.
Call us to consolidate
You can also consolidate over the phone. Call us on 1800 060 312.
Things to consider before you consolidate:
- Check if any fees or taxes apply for leaving your other super fund.
- Make sure your details match. Your name, date of birth and tax file number should match on any accounts you’re trying to consolidate.
- Review any benefits your other super fund has, such as insurance cover. Transferring money out of a super fund can cancel your insurance or other benefits. If you have insurance with another super fund that you would like to transfer to legalsuper, submit an insurance transfer form and wait for confirmation that your insurance is transferred before you consider consolidation.
- Are you self-employed? If you need to claim tax deductions for contributions to your other account, make sure you finalise your tax return before consolidating.
- If you’re unsure what’s best for you, consider financial advice. You should compare the benefits, investment performance and costs of different super funds before making a decision.
You can find important identification numbers for legalsuper here. If you're filling in forms from another super fund or a new employer, you might need these.
The information is of a general nature and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should therefore consider the appropriateness of the information and obtain and read the relevant legalsuper Product Disclosure Statement before making any decision.