To transfer other super to legalsuper, simply follow these two steps:
Step 1: What other fund(s) do you want to transfer?
You will need information on your existing fund membership. If you know this information, please proceed to Step 2.
If you do not know this information for all of your super funds, the new Australian Taxation Office (ATO) individual portal has been updated to include extensive information sent to it by most APRA regulated super funds that you are a member of. This information may include super that you are not aware of – so it is worth checking.
Please note you will need certain personal information to register with the ATO.
Once you have registered with the ATO, you can view all of the super fund information that applies to you that the ATO has received, including all of the details that you will need to transfer your money from your other fund(s) to legalsuper.
If you select the ‘+’ button for each super fund listed, this will show you whether there is insurance listed. If there is insurance shown we recommend that you contact that fund(s) on the number shown to find out the details.
You can copy the information into a Word document which you can now use to transfer your money into legalsuper.
Alternatively the information that you require to transfer your money from your other super fund(s) is contained in your member statement.
You are now ready to make your transfer request(s).
Step 2: Make your transfer request(s)
The legalsuper eRollover tool will request the transfer from your other super fund(s) on your behalf. There is no limit to the number of transfer requests you can make.
Simply follow these steps:
- Select the ‘Consolidate your super’ button.
- Enter the first four letters of the super fund you wish to transfer from.
- Select your fund from the list shown .
- Enter the ‘Member account number’ for the super fund you have chosen to transfer from.
- Select to transfer either the ‘whole balance’ or a ‘partial amount’. If you want to transfer a ‘partial amount’ you need to enter the amount in dollars that you wish to transfer to legalsuper.
- Select ‘Continue’.
- If you wish to transfer another super fund select ‘Transfer from another fund’ and repeat Steps 3 - 7.
- Read the ‘Important’ information and, if you consent, select ‘I agree’.
- To request your transfer, select ‘Complete request’.
You have now made your transfer request(s) and you do not need to do anything further, assuming your request is accepted by the other fund(s).
If you want to monitor your request(s), you can view the current status by using MemberAccess and selecting the ‘Consolidation’ button in the menu. This will show you the progress of all your transfer request(s).
If a transfer request is declined, you will need to contact the other super fund for further details of why the request was declined.
Alternate transfer options
i. If you do not want to use legalsuper’s faster online transfer service, you can complete a ‘Request to transfer whole balance of superannuation benefits between funds' form available here.
ii. You can make a transfer request using the ATO individual portal as described above.
iii. You can obtain a withdrawal form from your super fund(s) to request to transfer the money to legalsuper.
Before you decide to transfer your super you should consider:
- information about any fees or charges that may apply, changes to insurance or any other information about the effect this transfer may have on your benefit(s);
- whether you will consent to your tax file number being disclosed for the purposes of consolidating your account(s); and
- whether you will discharge your other super fund(s) for all further liability in respect of the benefits paid.
Each super fund must provide you with details of any fees or charges that may apply, changes to insurance or any other information about the effect this transfer may have on your benefits.
You can then consider whether, given your own circumstances, it is in your interests to transfer all or some of your super to legalsuper. In some circumstances legalsuper’s field team  may be able to assist you in this process. Click here to email the field team of legalsuper.
 If your superannuation fund is not shown in the list, that fund does not offer electronic transfers. You will need to request your transfer using one of the alternate consolidation options.
 The legalsuper field team are employees and authorised corporate representatives of Legal Super Pty Ltd (ABN 37 004 455 789 AFSL 246315).