A message from legalsuper: Scams and fraud in Australia are on the rise. If you suspect an email or text message please call us on 1800 060 312. Read more










New user?

Register now



New user?

Register now
Home Super & retirement Account management Update personal details

Update personal details

It's easy and important to keep your basic account details updated as your life changes. Get the information you need for updating your contact details and other account information.

How to update your personal details

To update your postal or email address, your phone number or your occupation, please login to MemberAccess. If you have not logged in before, you will need to register first. This only takes a few moments and then you can update your details directly. 

Update your details online in MemberAccess:

Register to update your details in MemberAccess:

You can also update these details by calling us on 1800 060 312 or by filling out the relevant 'change details' form and returning it to legalsuper.

Change details forms

Please note you only need to complete the applicable parts of the form:

Employer-sponsored members

Superannuation member change of details form (93.95 KB)

Pension members

Pension member change of details form (97.39 KB)

Once you have completed the relevant part(s) of the form, you can return it via post to:

Locked Bag 5081 
NSW 2124 

Changing your name or date of birth

If you wish to change your name, you must complete the relevant 'change details' form. When completing the form, you must provide your old and new details. You can also update your contact details if they have changed.

You must return a hard copy of the relevant form to legalsuper along with any required evidence and certified information.

Download the form that is relevant to you. Please note you only need to complete the applicable parts of the form.

Changing your name

If you have changed your name, you will need to prove the link between your old name and your new name. You will also need to provide:

  • a completed change of details form; 
  • a certified linking document; and
  • certified ID (see the guide below).

A linking document can be:

  • marriage certificate; 
  • deed poll; or 
  • change of name certificate from the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Office. 

Changing your date of birth

If the date of birth or name that is recorded in your personal details with legalsuper is incorrect, this will need to be updated to reflect your true date of birth. 

You will need to provide: 

  • a completed changed of details form; and
  • certified ID (see the guide below).

Guide to certified ID 

If you need to prove your identity to legalsuper, you will need to submit one or two forms of acceptable proof of identity. You must provide certified copies of your original documents.

One of the following documents:
a. driver’s licence issued under State or Territory law; or 
b. passport.


One of the following:
c. birth certificate or birth extract; or 
d. citizenship certificate issued by the Commonwealth; or 
e. pension card issued by Centrelink that entitles the person to financial benefits; 

And one of the following:

f. letter from Centrelink regarding a Government assistance payment; or 
g. notice issued by Commonwealth, State or Territory Government or local council within the past twelve months that contains your name and residential address; or 
h. a bank statement or utility notice with your current mailing address. 

A certified document means a document that has been certified as a ‘true copy’ of an original document by one of the following

  • Barrister or solicitor 
  • Branch manager of a bank 
  • Councillor of a municipality 
  • Financial planner 
  • Justice of the Peace 
  • Medical, dental or veterinary practitioner 
  • Minister of religion 
  • Pharmacist 
  • Police officer 
  • Qualified accountant 
  • Teacher 

The certification should be dated and include the full name, address and type of authority (from the above list) of the person certifying. The document bearing the original certifying signature must be received by legalsuper and therefore CANNOT be faxed or scanned and emailed. Although they may be qualifying members of the legal profession, members (as well as their family members) cannot certify their own ID.

If you are signing on behalf of another person you’ll need one of these: 

  • Guardianship papers; or 
  • Power of Attorney.

If your details have been incorrectly recorded by us, please contact us on 1800 060 312 and we will resolve the error.