Transition to Retirement
A type of account available to members who have reached preservation age & want to access their super while working. You can receive regular payments from your super, while keeping the balance of your funds invested.
Transition to Retirement strategies
Transition to Retirement (TTR) strategies can enable you to keep earning while making the most of your super.
When you reach your preservation age, you can access your super as a Transition to Retirement (TTR) pension without having to retire. This means you can keep earning a wage, while starting to draw down on your super. This strategy can also have some tax benefits.
legalsuper Transition to Retirement Pension features
Suitable for people who are still working and have reached their preservation age and want to save tax while growing their super, or supplement their income by accessing their super savings (up to 10% of your TTR account balance per financial year)
Minimum investment amount:
- Twice monthly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly.
- You can choose an income between your minimum and maximum limits.
- There are 11 investment options available, including a self-managed option, the Direct Investment option.
Lump sum withdrawals:
- You cannot have partial or full lump sum withdrawals from a TTR account. You can only receive pension payments up to your maximum limit.
- You can roll back your TTR account in to your regular super account at any time. You are not locked in to a TTR account for any defined term.
Meet with our Client Service team
Our team is based nationally and is dedicated to building strong relationships to help you achieve your retirement goals. Get to know the team here.
All Client Service Managers are registered on the Australian Securities and Investment Commission Financial Adviser Register. This register shows where a financial adviser has worked, their qualifications, training, memberships of professional bodies, and what products they can advise on.
As a legalsuper member, you have unlimited access to our Client Service team who can offer you personalised and tailored support. There’s no cost and no obligation, simply personalised service whenever you need it; providing factual information, general advice, and limited personal advice in relation to all things super.