The management team oversees the operations of legalsuper, monitors its service providers and advises and supports the Board and its Committees.
Andrew was appointed in January 2003. He reports directly to the Board and has more than 25 years of superannuation industry experience.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Melbourne University)
- Professional Year - Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Diploma of Superannuation Management - Macquarie University
- Financial Planning Proper Authority Course - Securities Institute/Institute of Chartered Accountants
Qualifying as a Chartered Accountant while working with Arthur Andersen, Andrew has broad experience across the superannuation industry with fund administrators, investment managers, custodians and other superannuation funds.
Andrew is a member of the Policy Committee and former Director of the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees. He is also a former member of the Victorian Executive of the Associations of Superannuation Funds of Australia.
He regularly presents at superannuation industry conferences and writes regular superannuation columns for the law societies across Australia.
David was appointed in November 2006. He reports to the Chief Executive and is responsible for managing operations and member services. He has more than 18 years of superannuation experience.
- Diploma of Financial Planning (Deakin University/Financial Planning Association)
- Certified Financial Planner Education Program (Deakin University/Financial Planning Association)
- Certificate of Superannuation Management (Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia)
- Master of Business Administration (Deakin University)
David’s financial services career commenced as a financial adviser at Westpac Bank. David then worked for six years with VicSuper in a range of advisory and management roles before joining legalsuper.
Edward was appointed in July 2015. He reports directly to the Chief Executive and has more than 25 years of experience in financial services and investment management.
•Bachelor of Science (Auckland University)
•Diploma of Teaching (Auckland Teachers College)
•Diploma of Business Studies endorsed financial planning (Massey University)
•Master of Business Administration with distinction (Waikato University)
Ed entered the financial services industry as a trainee actuary for a British life insurer. He switched to investment management in 1992 and has been an investment professional ever since. Ed has worked in wealth management, funds management and asset consulting and has experience in both retail and institutional investment management.
Ed is a former member of the Investment Committee for the Financial Services Council.
Patsy was appointed in August 2016. She reports to the Chief Executive and has 20 years experience in financial services customer experience, marketing and digital.
She is responsible for managing legalsuper's member experience and communications team.
• BSc Computer Science with First Class Honours (University of Westminster, London)
• Certificate in Customer Focused Innovation (Stanford Graduate School of Management, California)
Patsy began her career in financial services marketing and communications in London in 1997 and spent 9 years in communications roles with global investments banking groups including Credit Suisse, JPMorgan and Societe Generale. Since returning to Australia in 2006 Patsy has managed marketing, customer experience and digital teams within superannuation and funds management.
Kaye was appointed in January 2017. She reports directly to the Chief Executive and has more than 20 years of superannuation industry experience.
She is responsible for monitoring, managing and reporting in respect of legalsuper’s regulatory and compliance requirements and to foster a compliance culture and promote best practice.
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) (RMIT)
- Graduate Diploma Applied Corporate Governance – Governance Institute Australia
- Diploma of Financial Services (Financial Planning)
- Associate member – CPA & Governance Institute Australia
- Fellow ASFA
Commencing her career at the Insurance and Superannuation Commission (now APRA), Kaye has made several moves within the superannuation industry since then. More recently she was at Mercer as a Principal, Risk and Compliance as the business partner for financial services. Prior to that she was at KPMG as an Associate Director in superannuation audit and advisory and headed up Governance, Risk and Compliance for VicSuper for 12 years. She has also worked for the Australian Retirement Fund (now Australian Super) and AXA.