At legalsuper, we do everything we can to ensure that we help members who need it. Members with hearing disabilities can use the services of the National Relay Service (NRS).
Here's how it works:
- A call through the NRS lets you communicate with a hearing person who is using a phone even if you can't hear or don't use your voice
- The NRS has specially trained staff called Relay Officers who help with every call
- Depending on the type of call, a Relay Officer will change voice to text or text to voice and AUSLAN to English or English to AUSLAN
- Relay officers stay on the line throughout each call to help it go smoothly, but don't change or get in the way of what is being said
- Except for calls made through Video Relay, the NRS is available 24 Hours a day, every day
- Depending on your hearing and speech, and equipment you have, you can choose from one or more relay call types.
For more information, please contact the NRS: 1300 555 727. You can also find out more here.